Support a high tech business unit in general accounting, cost accounting and forecasting activities including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close activities and P&L forecasting.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries; expenses, inter-company, revenue and cost
- Complete general ledger operations
- Collect data and prepare revenue, cost and margin analysis.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly financial reports
- Monthly closings and preparation of monthly P&L reviews with the business unit
- Track and report engineering spending on open projects.
- Assist in preparing quarterly forecasts for expenses and capital spending
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of the audit process
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5-8 years of finance and accounting experience with a manufacturing organization or defense and/or government contractor
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of finance principles and reporting
- Cost accounting skills
- U.S. Government or regulatory agency experience a plus
- Proficiency in accounting system skills (user of Expandable preferred) and Microsoft suite
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and present to all levels of management
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team work
- US Citizenship required