Sales and Marketing Account Manager
- Develop robust, sustainable forecasts, and consistently achieve growth objectives.
- Position and expose the company to new program opportunities for existing product offerings.
- Increase the share of night vision and camera applications and markets.
- Manage day-to-day inside sales activities, bids and proposals and pricing strategies.
- Work with various Government agencies to identify and develop applications for Intevac’s defense technologies and products
- Assist Program Managers in managing customer relationships
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of competition in product/program areas and formulate strategies on how to compete and defeat
- Identify, develop and maintain a data base of key opportunities with strategic and tactical capture and business plans.
- Develop strong working relationships with top management levels at customers, government agencies and new prospects
- Oversee all of marketing including generation of collateral materials, trade show participation and web content.
- Familiarity with DoD budgeting process and selling to US defense agencies either as prime or major sub-contractor.
- International selling experience to NATO, NATO friendly allies and other friendly countries Ministries of Defense, aware of ITAR restrictions.
- Position requires up to 50% travel
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing and sales or business development experience in Defense or adjacent markets selling to major OEMs or direct to US Military
- Familiarity with DoD budgeting process and selling to US defense agencies both as a prime or major sub-contractor.
- International selling experience to NATO and other friendly countries Ministries of Defense.
- Preference to experience with the US Army or in Naval Aviation, or service with the Army or in Naval Aviation
- Sales/Marketing or Business Development in one or more of the following: display systems, custom camera systems, night vision, or EOIR systems or similar technology area
- BS/MS degree in physics, chemistry, engineering, or other technical field
- Must live in a major US metropolitan area with close proximity to an airport, preference given to SF Bay Area.
- US citizenship required. Position requires a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Proposal development and management experience