A key role of the quality manager is that of ensuring that customer requirements and expectations have been accurately identified and that the organization is meeting or exceeding customer expectations. This role may also extend to determining how customers’ expectations will change over time and what the organization needs to do to meet these changing expectations. Additionally he/she will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a customer-focused culture within the organization.
The quality manager will champion, support or lead quality improvement initiatives. He or she is responsible for ensuring that all managers, process owners and supervisors develop and maintain their part of the quality management system. The quality manager will be responsible for executing and maintaining the Intevac Quality Management System that meets the AS9100D standard.
The quality manager monitors and advises on how the system is performing, which may often include the publication of statistics regarding company performance against set measures.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the details contained within a Product Lifecycle Process.
- Experience in the use of statistics in a development and manufacturing environment, Six Sigma Black Belt or Six Sigma Green Belt is a major plus.
- Experience with AS9100D Aerospace Standard is a must.
Primary Job Duties
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the organization and its customers to proactively assure that their needs and expectations are understood and satisfied.
- Provide support to the Supply Chain Management organization relative to the collection and analysis of Supplier Quality data as well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the Plant’s suppliers and partners.
- Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to targeted functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities.
- Execute the initiatives of the organization in the development, implementation and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation
- Participate in the internal Quality System Audit program for the organization. Facilitate the Investigation and elimination of causes of quality problems and follow up on corrective actions.
- Develop and analyze statistical data. Provide support in the way of development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits.
- Participate in all aspects of product development and launch activities throughout the organization. Efforts should primarily be targeted at the identification of customer expectations.
- Successful completion of Fist Article Acceptance as a prime and subprime supplier to the US and allied military.
Secondary Job Duties
- Drive to closure supplier non-conformances.
- Successfully ensure MRB function is completed weekly and product is promptly dispositioned. Corrective Actions are issued to Suppliers.
- Maintain AS9100 certification.
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters Degree in Quality, Reliability or Industrial Engineering with 7+ years applicable industry experience in a quality engineering role is required. Defense industry preferred. Management Experience.
- Academic emphasis or industry experience in statistical analyses and reliability engineering is highly desirable
- Experience in supplier quality related activities is highly desirable
- Permanent legal resident status is required; U.S. citizenship is required.