Intevac was founded in 1991 and has two businesses: Thin-film Equipment and Photonics.
In our Thin-film Equipment business, we are a leader in the design and development of high-productivity, thin-film processing systems. Our production-proven platforms are designed for high-volume manufacturing of substrates with precise thin film properties, such as the hard drive media, display cover panel, and solar photovoltaic markets we serve currently.
In our Photonics business, we are a recognized leading developer of advanced high-sensitivity digital sensors, cameras and systems that primarily serve the defense industry. We are the provider of integrated digital imaging systems for most U.S. military night vision programs.
Intevac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intevac Website: www.intevac.com
Primary Responsibility: Responsibilities include planning, scheduling, coordinating and/or final assembly, approval of products through the complete production cycle. Analyze business conditions and customer requirements, MRP data, forecast and variances to determine present and future needs for products and materials. Works from engineering plans and production specifications to establish production schedules, labor loading, and capacity requirements. Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. Provides input to management, reschedules, and/or interfaces with marketing, sales, production, and engineering managers to reschedule in case of design changes, labor and materials shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
Machines/Equipment/Software used: Personal Computer, copier, fax machine. Excel, Word, Microsoft Project. Knowledge of Expandable Manufacturing Software a plus.
Primary Job Duties (essential):
- Load, Run and Analyze weekly MRP demand
- Approve and Implement ECO and BOM structures
- Determine and place Job Order and Shop Work Orders in timely matter and manage Moves, Work Centers, Job Transfers and Job Closing
- Verify MFG, MRP and Order Receipt data align
- Implement custom MRP outputs tailored to Buyers/Divisions/Production Control
- Analyze Shortages with Purchasing, MFG and Production Control
- Custom reports for Materials, Cost Estimating for MKTG
- Database management; Lead-times, Item Master requirements and BOM maintenance
- Yield and Replacement Issue Factor Implementation, including Planning BOM’s and individual items
- Review and Implement all Independent Requests for material from Engineering, MFG and MKTG
- Training, developing, motivating peers and subordinates
Secondary Job Duties: (non-essential)
- Assist with Inventory and Job Reconciliation, and analyze Inventory E&O
- Assist in driving compliance, inventory strategy, and continuous improvement projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements: BA or equivalent experience in planning, coordinating, and scheduling production operations, with 4-7 years’ experience in a Manufacturing/Materials environment. Process knowledge of inventory procedures and controls. Knowledge of MRP Systems a must. Problem solving and analytical thinking skills required. APICS Certification a plus. Minimum (2) years’ experience with Excel, Word, Microsoft Project. Knowledge of Expandable Manufacturing Software a plus.