Responsible for supporting the assembly and test of leading technology custom head-mounted display products and eyepieces in a product transition and production environment. This Operations role will interface primarily with Manufacturing, Product Engineering and Quality Control. The qualified candidate possesses exceptional hand-to-eye coordination and manual/finger dexterity to handle micro-components for long periods. This candidate also possesses good near vision to track fine details and discover defects in optical elements and micro-displays.
- Extremely strong work ethic, initiative and drive
- Meticulous and quality-focused
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Work under minimal supervision
- J-STD soldering and de-soldering skills
Primary Job Duties
- Assemble eyepieces, objective assemblies and head-mounted optical systems.
- Inspect and measure elements, micro-components and instrument parts in order to verify dimensional specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Prepare and clean elements and micro-components using swabs/wipes, compounds, solutions, optical tape, air compressors and paint guns.
- Set up fixtures and operate machines in order to assemble structural, mechanical and optical parts of instruments.
- Transmit images to micro-displays to perform regular test and inspection procedures to ensure optical performance and interpret image clarity through a prism/lens assembly according to specifications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot optical systems or Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) to determine and confirm specification compliance and quality control.
- Repair or modify PCBAs and build test cables.
- Study work orders, work instructions, schematics and drawings in order to formulate plans and sequences for fabricating optical eyepieces and product.
- Record production, inspection and test data in Excel or Word as required
Secondary Job Duties
- Support the generation of work instructions for new builds or revisions of existing products.
- Some ship preparation and general light admin/housekeeping tasks
- AS degree in science or technical field
- 5+ years assembling and troubleshooting optical assemblies and/or systems
- Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams and mechanical drawings
- US Citizen required