Responsible for supporting the transition of imaging products into a production environment as well as the yield improvement and cost reduction activities for released product in accordance with Intevac’s product development process. This engineering role will interface with design and development engineers and manufacturing personnel. The qualified candidate is able to work under minimal supervision and aggressively pursue time-sensitive milestones.
- Design production fixtures and electrical test beds for use in imaging camera and system manufacturing
- Troubleshoot printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA) and recommend corrective action as appropriate.
- Procure and track BoM materials for prototype builds.
- Support product design for manufacturability and assembly (DFMA) efforts
- Develop and release product assembly documentation, including Operating Procedures and Schedules (OP & OS), Bill of Materials (BOM) and assembly instructions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve design and manufacturability related issues relating to the build, test and shipment of production-released imaging cameras and systems.
- Support electrical failure analysis of warranty returns and facilitate corrective actions within the factory as appropriate.
- Create and give product overview presentations and training on various aspects of assigned products to manufacturing technicians, supply chain personnel or customer.
Specific Skills and Experience
- Solid background and experience on electrical engineering principles
- Proficiency in reading electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Familiarity with Electro-Optical components and systems
- High level of initiative and self-motivation, strong work ethic and drive
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and manage several complex issues simultaneously
- Attention to details
- Familiarity with product development processes is desired
- Prior experience in supporting the transition of product from concept / feasibility to production is desired
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field with some applicable industry experience
- Permanent Resident or U.S. citizenship is required