Member of Technical Staff II, Mechanical
Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Assume responsibility for technical assignments involving basic or applied research or the design and development of hardware products including the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of electronic and/or mechanical devices, components or systems.
- Devise the initial concept of the assigned device, component or system and participate in the overall detailed product design.
- Specify and evaluate environmental conditions such as temperature, high load, vibration, high vacuum, etc.; analyze equipment to establish operating data and direct or conduct experimental tests.
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of complex mechanical problems with limited to no supervision
- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers
- Specify the development of, design, or modify engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of complex scope
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding wide range of complex mechanical issues for specific project
- Implements concepts for range of complex product issues and solutions
- Establishes standards across all operational processes.
- Serves as technical expert on specialized projects or programs
- Generate product specifications
- Define, coordinate, perform, and generate engineering test reports. Specify and review engineering documentation. Specify or perform engineering analysis of complex scope with limited to no supervision
- Requires a BS or higher degree or equivalent experience in mechanical and system design.
- 10+ years’ experience in semiconductor capital equipment or similar complex systems.
- Proficient user of Solidworks 3D CAD software
- Strong preference for experience in semiconductor or Solar Equipment Design
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills.