This position, in our Santa Clara, CA office; Develop, test and document mechanical designs for various optical-mechanical systems, including digital cameras with intensified image sensors, electro-optical systems, micro-displays and other.
Assume responsibility for technical assignments involving the design, development, evaluation or modification of digital cameras, electronic and/or mechanical devices, opto-mechanical components or systems. Based on system specifications, develop the initial concept of the device, component or system and lead or participate in the overall detailed product design. Specify and select materials appropriate for the given product and application. Specify and evaluate environmental conditions such as shock, vibration, temperature, etc.; determine equipment requirements, run thermal and structural simulations, and direct or conduct experimental tests. Develop cost estimates for products and projects. Work with manufacturing during pilot production to ensure efficient transition from engineering into manufacturing. Prepare documentation, drawings, procedures, or manuals as necessary. Maintain high level of technical competence and state-of-the-art awareness. Typically work under limited supervision.
Specific Skills and Experience
- Experience with the SolidWorks design platform
- Experience designing mechanical components for optical systems with lenses, light sources and critical alignments
- Experience CAD modeling printed circuit boards and electrical interconnects
- Experience with thermal analysis using CFD code: heat distribution and removal, TE coolers
- Experience with SolidWorks Simulation for vibration and shock analysis
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or other related technical discipline
- Minimum of 4 to 7 years of experience or an equivalent combination of relevant technical education and experience.
- US citizens or permanent residents only.