Intevac develops revolutionary Photonics products that address large commercial and military markets. Our Photonics products are high-speed electro-optical devices that detect light with extraordinary sensitivity. The Company also produces sophisticated manufacturing equipment used in the manufacture of high technology products. Our equipment products are designed to deposit or modify highly engineered thin films of material on a variety of substrates. Intevac is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Responsible for cost, quality, delivery, and accountability of materials – supporting engineering development and manufacturing of military grade digital night vision devices at Intevac. The Materials Program Manager will collaborate with the Supply Chain organization for the development and maintenance of supply base relationships and strategic sourcing for various commodities. Responsibilities will also include U.S. Government Property Accountability within the organization, as well as both internal and external accountability audits. Facilitate and/or lead projects and meetings towards innovative material management strategies. Develop and manage project work plans and timelines, and ongoing collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. Work closely with Development Program Managers, the Development Engineering team, and the Procurement team to order material; track delivery dates; and account for micro-electronics material throughout the lifecycle of multiple highly technical development programs.
- Ensure all material needs are met for development engineering programs.
- Track and account for all U.S. Government owned material/property.
- Manage multiple internal cross-functional relationships and strategic external relationships. Ensure ownership and alignment are achieved between external and internal partners to meet program materials objectives (cost, schedules, assurance of supply, quality etc.)
- Responsibilities for this position include defining project goals, objectives, scope, and evaluation metric with regard to material support to programs. Identify appropriate methods and criteria for evaluating project success. Develop and manage project work plans and timelines.
- Develop ongoing collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated prior experience in accurately ordering prototype micro-electronics material to include PCB/PCBA, optics lens assemblies, mechanical housings, as well as Engineering Services, such as material testing, setup charges, and Non-Recurring Engineering jobs.
- Demonstrate prior experience in tracking materials throughout the lifecycle of development programs, including accounting for U.S. Government Property in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Demonstrated prior experience/leadership in aggressively cutting costs and strategic acquisition of products and services.
- Ability to move between strategic thinking and detailed execution, including the ability to analyze large amounts of data with superior Microsoft Excel Modeling skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to present program reviews to various level of management. Proficient in PowerPoint.
- Possesses ability for Rapid-fire decision-making, excellent judgment, and high productivity in a fast paced environment where change is frequent.
- Candidate must have persistent attention to detail to ensure all material needs are met for the manufacturing build plans, and possess a strong understanding of operations, materials, and planning.
- Proven experience in people management and/or successful team leadership. Ability to work independently, manage multiple complex projects and priorities under tight deadlines. Ability to juggle multiple tasks, switching priorities and focus as needed.
- Strong problem solving and process improvement skills. Creative problem solver, who seeks “win-win” solutions.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field
- 7+ years of experience in program and materials management of various commodities including OEM, Electro-mechanical, machining, gas distribution etc. with a special emphasis on cost reductions
- 12+ years of experience in Defense Industry to include a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation with regard to property accountability.
- Experience in working with contract manufacturers would be helpful but not required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, capable of attaining a DoD Secret security clearance.