In our Photonics business, we are a recognized leading developer of advanced high-sensitivity digital sensors, cameras and systems that primarily serve the defense industry. We are the sole source provider of integrated digital imaging systems for most U.S. military night vision programs.
In our Equipment business, we are a leader in the design and development of high productivity, thin film processing systems. Our production-proven platforms are designed for high volume manufacturing of substrates with precise thin film properties.
Intevac is the market and technology leader in the hard drive industry with approximately 60% of all magnetic disk media produced worldwide. Our technology solutions improve performance and throughput, and continue to expand into additional markets – including solar and adjacent thin film deposition applications.
Intevac is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for supporting the transition of imaging products into a production environment as well as the yield improvement and cost reduction activities for released product in accordance with the Intevac’s product development process. This engineering role will interface with design and development engineers and manufacturing personnel. The qualified candidate is able to work under minimal supervision and aggressively pursue time-sensitive milestones.
• Develop and release product assembly documentation, including Operating Procedures and Schedules (OP & OS), Bill of Materials (BOM) and assembly instructions.
• Troubleshoot and resolve design and manufacturability related issues relating to the build, test and shipment of production-released imaging cameras and systems.
• Design production fixtures and electrical test beds for use in imaging camera and system manufacturing
• Support product design for manufacturability and assembly (DFMA) efforts
• Support electrical failure analysis of warranty returns and facilitate corrective actions within the factory as appropriate.
• Create and give product overview presentations and training on various aspects of assigned products to manufacturing technicians, supply chain personnel or customer.
• Provide Bill of Materials reviews and reports for PCBA component obsolescence and identification of alternate components.
Specific Skills and Experience:
• Proficiency in reading electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
• Solid background and experience in electronics technology principles
• Familiarity with Electro-Optical components and systems
• High level of initiative and self-motivation, strong work ethic and drive
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask and manage several complex issues simultaneously
• Attention to details
• Familiarity with product development processes is desired
• Prior experience in supporting the transition of product from concept / feasibility to production is desired
• AS in Electronics Technology or equivalent field with some applicable industry experience, BS in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent with no experience
• Permanent Resident or U.S. citizenship is required
Intevac was founded in 1991 and has two businesses: Equipment and Photonics.