Manager of IT to work with the Managing Director of IT to help oversee, plan, and implement our global technology initiatives within our two divisions, Thin Film Equipment and Photonics.
IT Organization Development
- Assess and develop current IT organization staff, make improvements to IT effectiveness, and implement an optimal delivery model.
- Assisting the Managing Director of IT, lead and oversee IT culture and staff with an operationally-minded, customer service focused, and cost-effective strategy that boosts overall business performance.
- Develop and maintain lasting and strong partnerships with key business leaders, both inside the organization and with clients and vendors.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations, and appraising their performance.
- Responsible and accountable for the efficient operation of our worldwide computer systems and IT infrastructure, including phone systems.
- Assisting the Managing Director of IT, supervise the implementation and maintenance of our computing needs and security, with an eye towards efficiency, compliance and customer satisfaction. Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
- Extensive work with technical partners and vendors (Citrix, SharePoint, Splunk, Tenable, etc.) to deliver both internal and external support in accordance with Service Level Agreements that aligns with business goals and strategies.
- Maintain a customer-first mentality within the team and throughout the organization to ensure expert, scalable, modernized IT systems to optimize working conditions.
- Support operations projects and project portfolio; ensure the infrastructure has the capacity to support new projects, technologies, and maintain high level of system and network performance.
- Provide appropriate metrics in support of overall IT efficiency and reliability. Resolve any systemic issues impacting metrics negatively.
- Assisting the Managing Director of IT, work with outsourced IT functions, hardware and software vendors; contract and negotiate new or expiring contracts when necessary, evaluate vendor performance.
- Manage vendor relationships ensure service level agreements with vendor partners are monitored, maintained, and maximized.
- Assisting the Managing Director of IT, plan organize and execute on IT projects, considering strategy and business directives when making decisions. Tracking project progress, resolving any issues that may arise, producing feedback reports and recommending necessary changes based on feedback.
- Analyzing company technology needs and updates, coordinating with upper management and executives in achieving company goals.
- Lead the improvement of system performance metrics to benchmark current performance and for use as a measurement for future enhancements.
- Develop, track, and maintain compliance with published corporate IT policies and procedures; propose changes as required.
- Assisting the Managing Director of IT, continuously seek and develop innovative solutions to business problems, leading the change and adoption of new processes, services and technologies to meet the needs of end users, businesses and key stakeholders.
- 15+ years of broadly based, modern IT (both infrastructure and software) leadership experience.
- Strong IT operations acumen, including cross-domain knowledge (system administration, enterprise network knowledge, VPN, technical help desk). Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution. Ability to work extended hours as needed. Passport and willingness to travel to our offices in Asia.
- Project management skills, to manage projects effectively and deliver on time and within budget, experienced in controlling an IT budget.
- Manufacturing industry experience is strongly preferred and the ideal candidate will have served in a variety of IT roles throughout their career.
- Experience with activities related to government regulations including audit requirements, system security plans, contingency plans, incident response plans, configuration management plans, security control requirements and assessments, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and training requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively to all levels of an organization especially to key business partners and executives, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Hands-on self-starter with the ability to evaluate global multi-office infrastructure requirements, identify gaps, scale computer needs, and manage a small team.
- Proven track record of working with facilities and other departments to successfully deliver on IT services related projects.
- Ability to learn new skills and keep current with rapidly changing information technology and ability to transfer knowledge to team members and users.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, a degree in Computer Science or related field is a major plus.