Intevac was founded in 1991 and has two businesses: Thin-film Equipment and Photonics.
In our Thin-film Equipment business, we are a leader in the design and development of high-productivity, thin-film processing systems. Our production-proven platforms are designed for high-volume manufacturing of substrates with precise thin film properties, such as the hard drive media, display cover panel, and solar photovoltaic markets we serve currently.
In our Photonics business, we are a recognized leading developer of advanced high-sensitivity digital sensors, cameras and systems that primarily serve the defense industry. We are the provider of integrated digital imaging systems for most U.S. military night vision programs.
Intevac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intevac Website: www.intevac.com
EXHAUST PROCESS TECHNICIAN
This position directly supports Intevac Imaging’s CMOS and CCD processing efforts and is responsible for supporting the fabrication of vacuum electronic devices for commercial and military optoelectronics applications.
Process knowledge and experience should include ultra-high vacuum systems and practices, handling ultra-clean semiconductor components, wet etching, and familiarity with semiconductor analytical tools and methods. This position also involves complex mechanical manipulation of devices in vacuum chambers and extensive preventative maintenance work on the toolset.
- Extremely strong work ethic, initiative, and drive
- Meticulous, organized, neat, and quality focused
- Exhibit proficiency in safely working with hazardous chemicals
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask:
- Manage/prioritize several complex processes simultaneously
- Maintain accurate records concerning various experiments
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and motor skills
Primary Job Duties:
- Perform complex processing on CMOS and CCD devices utilizing state-of-the-art semiconductor processing equipment. Experience with ultra-high vacuum process equipment is desired
- Perform technical tasks including but not limited to troubleshooting, calibration, adjustment and maintenance of various semiconductor and high-vacuum processing tools
- With minimal oversight, execute design of experiments in support of process and product development
- Verify the accuracy of production assembly work instructions and procedures
Secondary Job Duties:
- Support cross-training initiatives within organization
- Support the generation of production work instructions and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- A.S. degree in related technology and 5+ years semiconductor processing experience is required. A Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred.
- Ultra-high vacuum processing experience preferred
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English
- Computer literacy and experience with MS Excel required
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Permanent legal resident status is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred