Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer
Under direction of the EH&S Manager, in support of the company’s commitment to EH&S and operational excellence, the EH&S Engineer we seek will be responsible for:
- Support the development of a safety minded working culture with a mind-set focused on accident prevention.
- Implement and monitor performance of established environmental, health and safety programs.
- Support on-going compliance efforts with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop and maintain environmental, health and safety subject matter expertise in state and federal OSHA and environmental regulations and in company standards.
- Review processes,assist in regulation interpretation, analyze trends, and refer issues to management, as appropriate, for effective and timely resolution.
- Serve as an active member of the site Emergency Response Team.
- Evaluate workplace EH&S conditions, conduct investigations of all accidents and near misses, and implement programs and hazard control practices to reduce risk.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments for: new hires, after ergonomic related injury and upon employee request.
- Coordinate EH&S service vendor programs related to crane and hoist testing, fume hood certification, toxic gas monitoring calibration, safety glasses, first aid stations and safety shower & eyewash equipment maintenance.
- Coordinate employee medical monitoring programs and support company wellness programs.
- Respond to employee EH&S concerns.
- Administrative tasks include: maintaining safety, environmental, hazardous waste and training records; tracking and ensuring compliance with safety and environmental reporting, permitting and registrations; updating and maintaining the on-line safety portal and SDS system; ordering EH&S and ERT supplies; and managing the on-line safety training program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Environmental Sciences or related discipline
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and strong follow up skills.
- Computer and software skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and set priorities accordingly.
- Position requires U.S.Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident) due to ITAR regulations