Embedded Software Engineer
Intevac Photonics is looking for a senior embedded software engineer to participate in the development of new digital camera systems employing intensified image sensors. We are looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented, self-driven individual with a keen technical mind and an eye for details. Intevac Photonics Division is comprised of engineers who have a detailed understanding of hardware engineering and systems with embedded software. We operate in a fast-paced, highly technical R&D environment. You will be expected to explore and create new product concepts, enhance our current product lines, and stay abreast of new technologies and techniques.
- Developing embedded software for micro-processor based real-time video systems. Platforms include ARM, Freescale, Xilinx microBlaze, Xilinx Zynq, Altera Nios II, and others.
- Implementing new firmware, improving existing firmware, reuse and integration of image processing algorithms.
- Defining hardware, firmware and communication interfaces.
- Interfacing microcontrollers with FPGAs and other digital modules.
- Developing device drivers, unit tests and creating software documentation.
- Integration of products, bring up boards and resolve issues on hardware platforms.
- Test and verify system functions and features.
Required Skills and Experience
- Expertise in C/C++.
- Experience with python.
- Experience with ARM processors, preferably with Freescale and Xilinx devices.
- Proficiency with hardware interfaces such as: UART, SPI, GPIO, I2C, RS232, RS495, JTAG, USB.
- Expertise with RTOS and multitasking is required, FreeRTOS is preferred.
- Experience using electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi meters, signal generators, etc.
- Familiarity with PCBA-level hardware and debugging.
- Experience with version control.
- Experience with other processors like Xilinx microBlaze, Altera Nios II, Microchip PIC, Arduino is desirable
- Working knowledge of video interfaces and familiarity working with products such as Image Sensors, Displays, ADC, DACS and other peripheral devices is desirable.
- Familiarity with video cameras or image sensor products and of video principles is a plus.
- Experience with machine learning algorithm development is a plus.
- BS in EE or equivalent, advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with embedded software systems experience or junior level with relevant experience.
- Permanent Residency required. US citizenship is preferred.