Intevac is seeking a senior hardware engineer to participate in the development of new digital imaging systems employing intensified image sensors. We are looking for a team-oriented, self-driven individual with a keen technical mind and an eye for detail. The Intevac Photonics Division is comprised of engineers who have a detailed understanding of hardware engineering and systems with embedded software. We operate in a fast-paced, highly technical R&D environment. You will be expected to explore new technologies and product concepts, create new products, enhance our current product lines, and stay abreast of new technologies and techniques.
- High speed digital and analog signal design for small-signal, low-noise, low-power imaging systems.
- PCB schematic design, device selection, simulation, analysis, and documentation.
- Problem investigation and resolution, board bring up, debug and electronic troubleshooting.
- Use of FPGA and other programmable digital devices and participation in FPGA coding, simulation and verification using Verilog , System Verilog and High-Level Synthesis (C based) .
- Use and programming of microcontrollers such as Freescale Kinetis and Arm on Real Time OS.
- Interfacing with mechanical designers to optimize packaging, manage thermal issues, and optimize performance.
- Maintaining hardware electronics through the product cycle and development of PCBA functional test methods.
Required Skills and Experience
- Working experience in circuit design, schematic capture, board level designs and validation, PCB layout and PCB manufacturing.
- Familiarity with analog designs, simulation and implementation of Filters/Amplifiers, A/D converter operation, GBP, noise properties, dynamic range, Spice simulations.
- Familiar with low power designs, switching regulators, power management and PWM Drive Stages.
- Proficiency with tools such as Altium Designer, Pspice , Hyper Lynx ,
- Experience or familiarity with OrCAD, DxDesigner, PADS , Alegro, Matlab.
- Good understanding of design for EMI/ESD, signal Integrity, termination techniques, impedance control, isolation, noise control and DFM.
- Experience with FPGA design and simulation in Modelsim , System Verilog and HLS XIlinx or Altera.
- Familiarity with synchronous/asynchronous bus, DDR and processor interfaces, synthesis, timing analysis and FPGA I/O management.
- Familiarity with microcontrollers and C programming in Real Time OS
- Knowledge of video interfaces and experience working with video cameras or image sensor products, video compression and video processing systems is a plus.