Intevac was founded in 1991 and has two businesses: Thin-film Equipment and Photonics. In our Thin-film Equipment business, we are a leader in the design and development of high-productivity, thin-film processing systems. Our production-proven platforms are designed for high-volume manufacturing of substrates with precise thin film properties, such as the hard drive media, display cover panel, and solar photovoltaic markets we serve currently. In our Photonics business, we are a recognized leading developer of advanced high-sensitivity digital sensors, cameras and systems that primarily serve the defense industry. We are the provider of integrated digital imaging systems for most U.S. military night vision programs. Intevac is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Cost Account position is a hands-on, crucial role that provides support in the areas of cost accounting, analysis and forecasting. This position is responsible for collecting, validating and communicating data for the purposes of financial transparency and process improvements.
- Adhere to Direct Material Standard Cost, Capitalization or Direct Labor and Manufacture Overhead in Inventory, Monthly Purchase Price Variance, Cycle Counting, and Inventory transfer policy.
- Performs periodic Cost rolls
- Update standard costs in ERP system
- Coordinate inventory cycle counts, investigate variance with resolution
- Close of Production Orders and prepare work order variance analysis and explanations
- Reviews and analyzes margins and manufacturing variances
- Work closely with the Engineering & Operations departments to evaluate cost drivers in manufacturing
- Prepare/Review Journal Vouchers (for Inventory; Warranty; Scrap & COS) with appropriate supporting documentation
- Analyze and review E&O reserve requirements
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Support Sales Forecast for areas within responsibility interfacing with individuals outside of cost accounting
- Ensures all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Support Month-End Close, Balance Sheet Review; Quarterly Financial Review and Financial Audits
- Assist in SOX maintenance and compliance
- Ad hoc research and special projects related to a wide range of accounting and financial reporting issues
- Recommend & Implement process change by analyzing results, identifying trends and recommending corrective actions to management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must have strong Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally, especially with Engineering & Operations departments
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook/Word/PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical skills, strong attention to detail with accuracy in work product
- Self-directed, motivated Team Player is a must!
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills and with the ability to remain organized under periods of reporting pressure.
- Ability to collaborate with Senior Management.
- Ability to think independently, perform own research on issues and come up with suggested resolutions to be presented to Senior Management
- Bacherlor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent)
- 2-3 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting and inventory principals
- Proficient knowledge and hands-on experience with US GAAP and SEC standards
- Government accounting (CAS regulations) is a plus
- Strong user of financial ERP system (Expandable)
- U.S. Citizenship is required