To perform a variety of the more difficult technical assignments such as constructing, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and calibrating electronic and mechanical equipment, vacuum related products and electro-mechanical devices, components and systems. Works from sketches and verbal instructions under limited supervision.
Primary Job Duties (essential)
- Performs difficult mechanical and technical tasks such as constructing, troubleshooting, calibrating, adjusting, testing, repairing and maintaining electronic and mechanical equipment, vacuum related products, electro-mechanical devices, components and systems; works from schematics, engineering drawings, written or verbal instructions.
- Conducts testing of mechanical systems and improvises procedures and standards if necessary.
- Develops or modifies some electrical, electronic and mechanical products and equipment to company or customer requirement.
- Operates related electrical, electronic or mechanical equipment necessary to construct, test, troubleshoot, repair, process and maintain products and equipment.
- Evaluates various types of electrical, electronic or mechanical products and equipment and develops calibration, test and alignment procedures.
- Recommends changes or modifications to improve the operation or quality of electrical, electronic or mechanical products and equipment.
- Performs the more complex analyses of rejected returned, or in-process vacuum related parts in support of engineering/manufacturing as required.
Secondary Job Duties (non-essential)
- Prepares and assists in determining prescribed compounds and solutions for use in processing, vacuum, etching, and metalizing materials.
- Determines methods, operations and sequences in setting procedures for constructing testing, and troubleshooting, repairing, processing, and modifying electrical, electronic and mechanical products and equipment as required.
- Designs and improvises difficult electronic and mechanical equipment, tools, and fixtures as required.
- Provides technical assistance and leadership to others as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Typically requires A.A. degree in related technology plus five (5) years related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience. An in-depth understanding of the instruments and equipment encountered in assigned area. Basic computer skills required. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.