To perform duties primarily involved in storing, moving, and issuing equipment, materials and supplies, or to assume sole responsibility for a designated shipping/receiving activity in support of Division operations:
- Performs stock and/or material examinations to verify conformance to specifications and invoices.
- Requisitions stock to fill incoming orders.
- Determines methods or places for storage considering temperature, humidity, weight or height limits, turnover, floor loading capacity and required space.
- Receives incoming materials or prepares materials for shipment using knowledge of shipping/receiving practices, procedures, rates, routes and available transportation.
- Verifies quantity, weight and conformance of material to stated identifications; indicates receipt of items by processing memos, freight bills, packing sheets and other documents.
- Determines packaging requirements, builds crating fixtures, and boxes; packages material and coordinates loading or unloading of items requiring special handling.
- May perform packing/shipping tasks related to the handling of materials classified as hazardous following all governmental hazardous material regulations.
- Prepares and monitors all necessary documentation related to current material/production control systems.
- May prepare periodic special or perpetual inventory of stock.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Four (2) years’ experience in directly related material handling/stores operations in the electronics industry. Prior experience in receiving and/or shipping function is highly desirable. Knowledge of cycle counting and floor stocking principles and techniques is beneficial. Proven ability to work in a team environment with several concurrent responsibilities is necessary. Prior experience working with Hand trucks, dollies, forklift, etc. is advantageous.
US Person status required due to ITAR Regulations.