Intevac Photonics is looking for a principal embedded software engineer to work on the development of new digital night vision camera systems. We are looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented, self-driven individual with a keen technical mind and an eye for details. Intevac Photonics Division is comprised of engineers who have a detailed understanding of hardware and systems with embedded software. We operate in a fast-paced, highly technical R&D environment. You will be expected to explore and create new product concepts, enhance our current product lines, and stay abreast of new technologies and techniques.
- Develop embedded software for micro-processor based real-time video systems.
- Implement new firmware, improve existing firmware, reuse and integrate image processing functions.
- Define hardware, firmware and communication interfaces.
- Interface microcontrollers with FPGAs and other digital modules.
- Develop device drivers, unit tests and create software documentation.
- Integrate HW and FW products, bring up boards and resolve issues on hardware platforms.
- Test and verify system functions and features.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expertise in C/C++ is required.
- Expertise with RTOS and multitasking is required, FreeRTOS is preferred.
- Proficiency with hardware interfaces UART, SPI, GPIO, I2C, RS232, RS495, JTAG, USB, etc is required.
- Experience with 32 bit microcontrollers, preferably with Freescale, Xilinx, and Microsemi devices is required.
- Experience using electrical test equipment, oscilloscopes, multi meters, signal generators, etc. is required.
- Experience in reading schematics and FPGA code is required.
- Familiarity with PCBA-level hardware and debugging is required.
- Experience with version control is required.
- Experience with python and visual studio GUI development is desirable.
- Experience with other processors such as microBlaze, Nios, Microchip PIC, Arduino is desirable.
- Working knowledge of video interfaces and familiarity with products such as Image Sensors, Displays, ADC, DACS and other peripheral devices is desirable.
- Familiarity with video cameras or image sensor products and video principles is a plus.
- Experience with machine learning algorithm development is a plus.
- BS in EE or equivalent, advanced degree preferred.
- Significant experience working on embedded software systems.
- Permanent Residency required. US citizenship is preferred.